Thursday, September 21, 2017

It's finally fall. Let's hope for the best.

     After a long, arduous summer that feels hotter on average than the ones before, it's finally fall. Around this time of year, I always feel a sense of mental and emotional renewal. I hope it counterbalances the blahs of the past two weeks.

     I'm still dating Denise. I've met her family, who seem to like me. She's having a bit of the blahs, too; and I think our moods are feeding off of each other. For one thing, we're both sick again. Fatigue, aches, dizziness. I was off Tuesday, so I took that day to rest. Also, we've just passed the anniversary of her mom's death last year, and my mom's birthday.
     Lately, she's been saying she's bored, relationship-wise, and hopes I will work with her to bring the fun back, as we seem to be stuck in a rut with our routines. I did go to mass with her, which she was really happy about. There are a lot of things I would like to do, like go hiking, camp out, go to a zoo, visit a big city.
     I've rearranged my schedule so I can go with her as her +1 to a wedding this coming Saturday. She said I am "required" to dance, and participating in karaoke is recommended. I like that.

     Work-wise, I've lost two clients, and one was in the hospital. Luckily, shifts were filled in. They want to keep me around, so they're trying to get me as close to full-time as possible.
     There is some good news, and that is there's a raise on the horizon. After October 1st, the starting rate will be $10.25, with more experienced people (like me), getting more.

     It's time to relax. I'm tired and hurting. Maybe some animated sitcoms and tea while I lay here.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment