Friday, October 12, 2018

Survived the summer.

     It's finally October! For some reason, I always get excited about it when two things happen -- the corn starts getting harvested, and the Canadians have Thanksgiving. The first thing, of course, is because fall is harvest time for Indiana's corn. The second thing is a sentimental attachment; growing up on a bordertown, a large portion of my mom's nursing coworkers were Canadian. She would take extra days to cover for her coworkers who wanted the day off. Because of that, I ended up having nice birthdays.
     Speaking of my birthday, Denise is treating me to a trip to the Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County! I don't know what to expect, but I'm excited. Last year, she took me on a day trip to Nashville, which is a beautiful town in Brown County.
     One more overnight shift, and I will be heading straight there! I'll be taking the scenic route so I can watch out for leaves turning. Maybe some goth rock to accompany my trip! I need to get some apple cider this weekend, too. Yeah, and some pumpkin pie.
     I'm getting hungry now. I need to get some writing done. Almost done with the 5th story of my first pentalogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment