Both good and bad things have been going on lately. In addition, spring is here and summer is on the way, so I'm feeling cranky. I just need to grin and bear the next few months.
I found out the surprise that Denise had in store for me. I didn't realize that it had been a year since the last Brickworld -- a Lego expo. It's always fun to see what people have come up with.
I knew not to stop at the concession stands. Fair concession food is always expensive.
There was a cityscape that was based on Detroit (with one Toledo building). I told the guy that I instantly recognized it, being that I grew up an hour north and therefore recognized it because all our major networks came from Detroit and Windsor.
Denise wanted to get me something, asking me to pick out a trinket or figurine. I didn't find anything related to things I like, like Lego Megaman, Agent 47, or any Borderlands vault hunters, so I was fine with saving her money.
We spent the night in a hotel, having dinner at Dave & Busters. I found most of the staff to be rude. And I often get anxious in sardine-can crowds, given the fact that this is America, and being in such crowds runs a higher risk of being slaughtered. My anxiety got on Denise's nerves a bit. We smoothed it over, though.
The next day, we went to the Children's Museum, and there was a Star Trek exhibit. The overall theme was how science inspires the imagination, which causes people to dream up fantastic technology, which causes engineers to achieve them. I sat in a replica of the original Enterprise's captain chair. Denise took my picture, saying I had a sly look on my face; I told her I knew what I wanted the pic to be titled: "The day a Romulan took over the Enterprise."
She has been hinting to me moving there. I'd really love to, but I would do it in a slow, step-by-step fashion. I'm afraid of what will happen to Shortney. I feel she's being taken advantage of by someone she hasn't even met and something will happen. I'd like to see if there's a small apartment that she could find near Bloomington, but she's waiting for this mystery person and they claim to be in the Army and keeps coming up with reasons not to meet. I keep having to remind myself that I can't force someone to swallow the red pill.
I would like to sit down and make a plan with both of them this month. First, I'm going to talk to Denise about it. I will wait for her to mention it first.
One issue we need to figure out is what's happening to her boy. He went into the hospital with behavioral issues a few days ago. We're hoping he will be out next week. I'm afraid for her when I'm down here. I wish there were classes parents could take to, not hurt, but defend themselves with holds.
I hope that, when I get there today, we can have a lazy weekend. After the stressful week, I think we need that.
No comments:
Post a Comment