Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My philosophical journey

     I've been doing a lot of self-evaluating, as far as my spiritual path. Actually, or a more of a philosophical outlook.
     I was raised in a semi religious home. It was semi religious because we had some relatives who were non religious, and others who were super Christian.
     I didn't understand the concept of original sin, which necessitates a savior. I thought, if God is forgiving and fair, wouldn't we be responsible for our own sins?
     After a while, Islam made more sense to me. God is fair and forgiving, and forgave Adam and Eve in the first place, so there was no original sin.
     But I started questioning things. Why did miracles stop after people developed recording technology? If Satan were the bad guy, why does he punish people for going against God? If God wanted to make His presence known, why select a handful of people?
     Sooner or later, I started to see all the religions as a control system. They have less to do with the natural order of things, and more to do with mortal ambitions and herding the masses.

     I came to the conclusion that I needed to make my own path. And I find it ridiculous for anyone to confine their philosophy to one ideological dogma. The facets of life should be expressed with various philosophies.
     My belief in God is deistic. But, it's a lot like what George Carlin said about the Big Electron. It's a higher order of the universe that doesn't reward or punish; it just is.
     My view of humanity is a mixture of evolutionary psychology - we come from a line of social pack creatures who look out for themselves as well as the group, transhumanism - we have the ability to direct our evolution beyond what we are now, and secular Luciferianism - we must bring the light of intellectual development to the world so we can advance as a people, and not be bogged down by anti-intellectual authoritarianism or dogma.
     My code of personal conduct is drawn mostly from modern Satanism. I found a lot of agreement and re-inspiration in reading The Book of Satan and The Book of Lucifer, and I like the poetry of The Book of Leviathan. I'm also fond of quoting the 11 Rules of the Earth.
     To explain the differences, I like to say that Luciferianism focuses on uplifting the species. Whereas modern Satanism focuses on uplifting the individual. In the secular view of each, the Adversary is merely a symbol of both of these things.

     Some would ask how I get in touch with a higher consciousness. Well, I haven't prayed for divine intercession ever since I've declared myself my own messiah. I meditate to attune myself with the multiverse and nature. Some could say I have a bit of a quantum mystic outlook on my divinity.

     So, what would one call my philosophical outlook? Well, since it relies on getting in touch with our true nature as a way of improving ourselves and each other, I am stuck between "The Way of the Sentient Ape" or "The Path of the Sentient Ape."

No comments:

Post a Comment