Lately I've come to the realization that my biggest pet peeves - more like major hatreds - revolve around communication. We work in organizations that are on the verge of falling apart because people interrupt and misquote each other. We have devices that are supposed to increase our ability to communicate, but we don't use them as such.
One thing that gets on my nerves to the point where I want to scream "Shut the fuck up! I'm talking!" is when I'm either asked for input or I feel it's my turn to have my say, and people interrupt me. It sets me off like crazy.
Texting is starting to become a huge problem with me. For example, I'm talking to someone, and they stop responding in the middle of the conversation. It's like hanging up on someone in the middle of a phone call. They don't say "BRB" or even explain what happened when they finally start talking again. No one has any sense of etiquette anymore. What makes it even worse is when they stop texting right after I ask an important question.
And then there's trying to have a phone conversation. If I'm paying that money to a phone company, it'd be nice to be able to have a conversation without being cut off.
In all honesty, I would have to say that my most hated situation to be in is one where I feel that free conversation and the flow of ideas are stifled or censored. I can't deal with it. But more and more I feel like I live in that.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Pet peeves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment