Fall is finally here! I've been monitoring the turning leaves, having my first tastes of pumpkin pie, staring up at Orion on clear nights, and listening to more gothic rock. And it's past midnight on October 1st; I can now say I'm turning 40 this month.
It's been a decent week. And it started with my doctor's appointment Tuesday.
The week before, I went to Quick Care for a twisted joint in my foot, and they did bloodwork to see whether or not the pain was from gout. My doctor saw that bloodwork and said she was happy with my purine levels being 5.1 instead of 8.3, with the target being 6 and under.
In addition, there has been a 15LB weight loss in 3 weeks. While I'm still too heavy for most scales, I knew weight was coming off because I could comfortably put 2 fingers between my belly and the bottom of the steering wheel. Since I found out about the weight loss, I've stuck a third one on there. I guess tallying up calories, sodium, and carbs is paying off. I told my doctor that, as an RP and trading card gamer, I just included that number crunching mindset to healthier eating.
She was also very happy with how my lungs sound. I did note less of a back pain.
Also, this week is pretty decent workwise. A coworker told another that I did pretty well Monday.
Also, compared to bills, I have been paid pretty decently. I have fuck-around money left over. I was thinking of getting the new Magic set that's out, Kaladesh, but it wasn't available.
Here's something cool! I know I'm socially awkward in real life and slow to make a romantic move offline. But I finally have news about the workplace crush I mentioned a few months ago, the short, chubby redhead whose perfume smells like my favorite vapor flavor. I finally got the nerve to get her a small gift for her birthday! I got her a $5 gift card to a local coffee chain. She was happy I got it. And I was all goofy-eyed, watching her walk away, to her car. That maybe puts a blip on her romance radar, knowing someone's thinking of her, even with the small things.
I'm tired. It's my work-gauntlet tonight. I just hope I hold it together by tomorrow evening; usually by then I'm drunk-tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment