Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Limping into Fall.

     With the arrival of September, the leaves are starting to discolor a little bit. Being that fall and winter are my favorite seasons, I see it as a whisper of "Welcome home." The heat and the bugs have been brutal,
     It's gotten cooler, and we've been considering turning off the AC. However, it's still summer, and we know that if we do turn the AC off, we'll get hot again. It's still a bit stuffy in our bedrooms, so the fans are on.
     I've substituted at a waiver home at my full-time job. However, there are bugs and after each time, I've been bitten to hell. Once again, summer has to get its digs in. I can't stop itching, and I look forward to getting naked as soon as I get home whenever I'm out.

     Speaking of work, I'm still getting overtime. The problem with that, though, is that I'm not doing Sunday overnights anymore, and therefore can't spend an hour working with my work crush Monday mornings. Towards the end of last week, though, I told her that she may have noticed that I wasn't there; I forgot that she wasn't there Monday, anyway, being that it was Labor Day. She looked a bit surprised and interested in what happened. I said that they got someone to permanently take that shift. But I did tell her that she'd still be able to see me Monday afternoons, since that's my new extra shift. She seemed relieved... just a bit.
     There's a bit of a problem with a coworker now, though. I was friends with someone long before I worked at the same company with her. My friendship with her had become toxic and I ended up having to cut ties with her. Now, I'm afraid of what she'll blab about me. Now she, along with the rumor mill at work, is why I'm really shy about asking my workplace crush out.

     A few weeks ago, I went to my first appointment with my new doctor. Actually, it's not a new doctor, I saw her in Vincennes, but she moved her practice here (way out of walking distance at the time). Now that I'm in Washington, I can see her again. But I haven't seen a doctor in a while, so my A1C, bad cholesterol, and blood pressure are up.
     I'm taking my sugar every day, and keeping track of calories, sodium, and carbs. The problem is that I'm hitting my sodium limit before I get half-way through my calorie limit; and I'm not even touching my carb limit.

     In other news, I found out about places online that sell cool T-shirts in plus sizes. I've gotten to be a 4x, and that's my limit. I don't plan on getting bigger than I am. There are a lot I want to get, but I'll limit myself to one or two per paycheck. The first one I got was Danger Mouse and his sidekick, Penfold. I remember that one from Nickelodeon. I found another that says something like "College of Winterhold; Teaching the arcane arts for 700 years." The one I got is navy blue and is on the way now.

     And in further more news, my gaming and writing are feeding off of each other. I got into playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. The character I play is a cyborg mercenary with body modification addiction, which reminded me of a character in one of my stories. The story character is a partially mechanical second-mate and security enforcer of a pirate ship, who is succumbing to bod-mod addiction. But I'm careful not to make it seem like I'm plagiarizing. They're both common character motifs, though; and it's really about what the writer wants to do with those motifs.

     I need to nap. Mind's been racing. Less so, now that I've gotten some thoughts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment