I did some self-therapy; if you see enough shrinks, you tend to learn to analyze yourself. But anyway, I've come to an astounding conclusion!
1. I think I unconsciously ignore the red flags of a serial monogamist.
2. Serial monogamy is an addiction to the honeymoon period of a relationship.
3. Subconsciously, I stick with a serial monogamist because I want to cure them.
4. I still haven't come to grips with the fact that I couldn't cure my mom of her addiction.
5. Subconsciously, I keep trying to fix a female with an addiction because I want to cure my mom, but she died.
In conclusion, I feel an unneeded sense of worthlessness because I couldn't cure them. But there's no reasoning or curing someone with an addiction. I'll keep this in mind as I go on to better things.
Speaking of better things, over the past month and a half, I've put my feelers out there. And, well, I've started talking to someone. She's a librarian named Cammy. We've talked before, but this past evening, we expressed a mutual interest in meeting up and seeing where it goes. And we're both hoping for the best.
Last night, she sent me a pic of her face without glasses, and I smiled brilliantly.
We've both emotionally gotten our asses handed to us, so we'll take things slowly. I can imagine our first dozen encounters feeling like we're interviewing each other. Let's hope for the best.
She has a 20 gauge shotgun, and I have a crossbow. We're batting around the first-date idea of doing target practice. It should be fun. I'm excited, but with reservations.
No comments:
Post a Comment