I figured out what I want to get as my next tattoo. Of course, it will be after the move and I get settled in. My next tattoo will be the pic above. D&D fans would recognize it as the holy symbol of the god Olidammara. He is the Chaotic Neutral god of wine, women, song, and trickery. I like to describe him as a combination of Bacchus and the lighter side of Loki. Yes, it will be a conversation piece among my fellow geeks, but there is a symbolism that comes with the tattoo. It represents getting my insane swagger back.
Today (actually, since it's 5 AM Wednesday, yesterday) at work, I listened to some steampunk music, part of which contained some pirate-themed songs, which put me in a good mood. I got in the mood to write more in my series Across the Multiverse; that was most likely because I plan for the second and fourth stories in the series to feature space pirates. So my mood was elevated.
This coming month will be major holidays: October 25th (my beliefs state that a person's own birthday is the celebration of the birth of one's own savior) and Halloween. In the fall, I feel that I come alive again. New home with one of my best friends, extra check (I budget for two a month, there will be 3), and maybe a new girlfriend (if things go well when I meet Cammy).
And things are looking up from the Lynn situation. People are coming out of the woodwork and telling me that it's not me; she's just messed up. I feel better and better each day being away from her. I was lamenting that she turned out to be like last year's girlfriend, when she could have been worse - like 2002's fiancee.
Things are looking up. I just have to get through this move.

No comments:
Post a Comment