Monday, October 12, 2015

Indigenous People's Day weekend.

     I guess the title of this post shows that I stand with those who want to rename Monday's holiday. I think it's a good idea. However still, growing up in Port Huron, Michigan - a border town, I still tend to think of Monday as the Canadian Thanksgiving. I have memories of my mom being happy to have overtime hours, since the hospitals where she worked tended to have a 1/4 Canadian staff.
     With that, I wished a friend of mine I met on Facebook a happy Thanksgiving. Then we got to talking about things going on. I fell down some stairs Saturday night, so I talked a bit about that. She said I should see a chiropractor. I explained a bit why it's a little hard to do with how insurance works. That was a bit of a culture shock. She said "I don't know how you guys survive." I said "Play Borderlands! You'll get the general idea." I then explained that it takes place on Pandora, where there's a weak government, a handful of corporations run everything, the healthcare and education systems are horrid, and uneducated wackos run around with heavier and heavier artillery.

     So, anyway, I'm stiff and sore. My left big toe was sprained, and my right ankle hurts (but not as much). On top of that, I woke up hungry. The fried rice helped, and I'm watching the movie of the game Heavenly Sword. I figured I might as well get informed about the mythology before getting back into the game.
     Well, the movie's over, and I'm listening to Bob's Burgers while writing more. I've started yawning, so I must be winding back down again. My friend Brittany reminds me so much of Louise, from this show. So I call her Louise, and her contact icon is that character.

     I do have some love life news to report. I was texting Cammy today, and she said her minutes were getting ready to run out. After her minutes would run out, we plan to still talk on Kik, as long as she could find a WiFi connection. At that point that wasn't going to be until she went to work Tuesday.
     She was stressing, and I guess one of her major concerns was if we were going to be O.K. I made sure she was talking about what I called "the us thing." She said yes. I told her we were going to be fine. I figured it was time to admit that, not only are we optimistic that we'd take that step from "talking to each other" to "seeing each other" once we meet, we're pretty much counting on it, and it's all a matter of making that first visit and hanging out. She agreed, since we really like talking about anything and everything. Her minutes ran dry right after that conversation.
      I thought I'd just put everything out there, and write her a note about things that I'm self-conscious about when it comes to letting people in. I wrote about my verbal habits, sexual weirdness, bizarre taste in music, and my anxieties. Later in the evening she contacted me through Kik. She took a friend to the hospital; she immediately explained that as soon as she messaged me, since we tend to worry about each other. I sent her my note. She said she was fine with what I said. And said she already misses talking.
     I'm scared and excited. But so far, I'm not seeing any red flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment