Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Overhaul.

     I have a new job new in Petersburg now. It's to the point that my Vincennes job is my part time one. I work at a women's group home. They didn't know if I'd be able to deal with it, but I am. I said that it just comes easy for me because I grew up surrounded by women - single mom, mostly female family friends, etc.
     Things are starting to balance out, no matter how often Shortney freaks out that the sky is falling. For the most part, I like the living situation; but like anywhere, I feel like I'm the observant thinker who wants to see the big picture, and therefore not panic.
     My new job schedule is changing already. Instead of having the last three days off next week, I'll have the first three days off. Which means that, after this Wednesday, I will have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off (not counting the few part-time hours); then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off (being the next week), for a total of six.
     In addition to this being a long weekend, Friday is my payday. I'll knock some bills out and get some shopping done. Friday through Tuesday, I'm going to get just a bit tipsy (barring no obligations) and pick at the housecleaning. Also, I'd like to stock up on orange juice and OTC meds because I've been sick. Headache (which started back up before being sick), dizziness, icky taste, etc. I want to take this time to lay low and try to get better.

      After a few months of talking, Cammy and I have come to the conclusion that we're semi-official. We like talking to each other, and we open up a lot, and even have weird pet names for each other, but haven't made a day of meeting and hanging out. Thus, my Facebook relationship is "In a relationship, but it's complicated." It's my way of saying "I have someone special, but it's not totally official."
     This past Thanksgiving, she kept me company all day, since I was working and had nothing to do afterward. She was playing Battleship with her son, and she sent me pics of the gameboard while asking me for move suggestions. That meant a lot to me.
     I haven't heard about anything related to Lynn. That's perfectly fine with me. She can go, I don't know, fall down a hill of brambles and into a piranha-filled lake for all I care. Last I heard, she's already gone through her relationship cycle with the latest guy/victim. I guess my only concern is that is the ego stroke I get when something I predict happens. I would have to say that's one of my major assholean qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment