Friday, December 23, 2016

Tonight's drive home.

     Tonight's drive home felt a bit liberating. If things go well, this will be the last weekend I make this hour commute north. While the client up there is very nice, and everyone likes him, the commute makes his home hard to staff. Yes, I will take a 6 hour pay cut from each check, I use about half of that money just trying to get back and forth. Plus, it will free up energy to maybe take on more shifts here, locally.
     So, I listened to the new Clutch album and then got in the mood for Voltaire. Something about Voltaire puts a delightfully dark spring in my step. I started puffing my clove e-liquid, and I can; but I have to be careful.
     After a while, I got to thinking about my first (and so far only) acid trip. This was back in 2001, at a hippie/peace-punk gathering. I did a hit off of a paper, and two drops of a liquid. The feeling I got, as if I were in tune with the multiverse, was beyond words. And the laughter. A lot of people loved hearing it. It was shreiking and shrill. It seemed like I was first introduced, and touched the core of, my mojo - or what I refer to as my insane swagger. Even without access to LSD, I need to be in touch with my insane swagger a lot more.
     I did some shopping at Wal-Mart and saw a cashier who, in the face, looked like a younger version of one of my favorite... um... actresses, Peaches LaRue. She's the type of actress that is found under categories like "BBW" and "MILF". Oddly enough, I've seen a few women in the area who have that same face - reddish-brown hair, glasses, pretty face... maybe not the G-cups and curves, but still. I'm a people watcher who likes to point out celebrity look-alikes. A few weeks ago, I went shopping with the group home and saw a guy who looked like George R.R. Martin.

     We had an office Christmas party today at my part-time job. I took my local client there and we had a good time. There was a sweet moment after I recognized a client's name. I'll call her Anna. Anna knows Jennifer (ex of 2014) and her sister (ex from 2007 fling). We talked a bit. Then she flirted with me hard. Didn't know what to say! I was like "Thank you." Now if I could only get my Ellettsville or work crush to tell me I'm really cute. That would be great.

     It's time to put on documentaries about sea life and curl up in front of the TV. It's naptime.

No comments:

Post a Comment