Realizing that it was Father's Day yesterday, I noted to myself that I used to wish my mom a good one every year, because she was a single mom taking up both roles. I would also wish my uncle in Michigan one, because though he wasn't MY dad, he was A dad. With that in mind, I called him up. We spoke for a while, and I gave him my number and address. I hadn't contacted my family up there much because there was a lot of guilt I felt for not taking my mom's ashes up there, like she wanted. None of my vehicles have been working very well. My uncle said that it's fine, and there's no time limit on such a thing. Also, I told him it was O.K. to give my number to other relatives that want to contact me. After we talked, I was typing on my computer, and my cousin called. We talked for about a good half hour. I told everyone that things are going great now, about being in school and having a steady job. I even told them the secret I haven't told any family member. My cousin was fine with it. He said I'm family, and nothing like that would change it. I'm pretty happy with how things have turned out.
I spent a few hours on World of Warcraft yesterday evening. I'm at 50 now. However, as of right now, I'm completely lost in Felwood/Jaedenar, because I can't find the entrance to Shadow Hold, where there are 3 or 4 quests to carry out. So, I decided to skip it for now and focus on the area of Tanaris. It's an oceanside desert where I have been kicking ass, except for the instance called Zul'Farrak. I may need to form a group, which is hard, since I can't find very many other players on the Gorefiend server, except for Horde assholes that run around like they're King Shit of Fuck Mountain.
Now that I have my library at my fingertips again, I've been looking through a lot of my D&D books, seeing what I can throw at my players when I get my game together. This evening, I want to start building my Level-3 dungeon.
I am going to make one more playlist for my new MP3 player, which will consist of black metal. I just thought of something. For D&D, I should make a Nordic-style harbinger (bard variant) that wears corpse-paint! But, anyway, since my current player is smaller in capacity than my old one, I don't have as much memory to play with. I have what I need to drive around in, walk around in, and sleep with... sonically, I mean.
Right now, I'm listening to various tracks from the 2-CD release of the Das Ich remix album "Re-Laborat." I used to just have the 1-CD version, and now I feel cheated! I've never neard the Aghast View remix of "Des Satans Neue Kleider" or the Girls Under Glass recut of "Kain Und Abel" before today. Das Ich kick ass. They're like the German counterpart to Marilyn Manson, in their stage presence, Manson comes out crucified on TV sets, Stefan Ackermann comes out covered in a mud-like paint, with "666" on his chest. They also got together the same year.
Well, I'm bored and hungry, so I'm going to go hunt down some food. OM nom nom nom!
No comments:
Post a Comment