Sunday, October 23, 2011

Countdown to tomorrow night.

     It's Saturday, and I'm on the phone with Dawn while on WoW. She's got me on hold right now because Stacy called. Stacy got a late start because of some technical difficulties.
    I played WoW a little bit ago with my main character, and I leveled up one entire level due to dungeon crawling. First was the Lower Bog, then the Mana Tomb. I raised 16 gold and got a companion, too; and it all happened in the matter of an hour and a half. Simply questing isn't doing much to make me gain levels anymore. 10000 XP used to mean something; now, it's just a drop in a bucket.

      I'm taking a small WoW-break to talk to people on Facebook. I was going to look for some information that I needed, but I forgot I had that page open. Stacy's still on her way, and Dawn's cleaning up. Everything is in motion.
      Nowadays, since I'm more mobile and I've discovered more portals, I'm in and out of the Outlands and all over Azeroth. I can be almost anyplace anytime on that game, except for Northrend. All I have to do is say "Fuck it! I need a change of scenery!" and I'm there. I have the info I need, so it's back to the game I go. The game... damn...

      O.K., it's 8:50, and I didn't know I'd be as tired as I am now. I will take a short nap, then get ready for work.

      I just woke up, and I'm getting ready for work. I am still hungry; didn't eat much, so I'm looking for something to bring with me to cook. Dawn called, and she said that Stacy's in Toledo, Ohio - a few hours away from her. Soon, I'll get good news. I am going to have some tea before I do anything else; fucking thirsty. I put on my "Rarities" compilation I put together by Soundgarden. I really listened to "Black Rain" for the first time, and it sounds like their mid-career work, especially Thayil's guitar, like around the time they made 'Louder Than Love'. I realized what I love about "grunge-era" rock music, other than the fact that it was the time when I first started exploring rock-n-roll. It was a grass-roots alternative revolution, like punk was. Only later did it get such a huge commercial push. Like, everyone knew the song "Black Hole Sun," but the Garden had three albums and a plethora of EPs before that. I will admit, though, I liked "Rusty Cage," and "Black Hole Sun" was the song that made me think "Yeah, I got to get into these guys." Anyway, it's time for me to get in gear.

     So, I'm here on another slow night. At least I have some things to do to fill the time - dishes, bathroom. And I have a column to write for the school paper. For Halloween, I will write a column about Screamin' Jay Hawkins, the original shock rocker. Also, I will write about something we've read in World Literature I.
     Dawn just got a call. Stacy was passing through Ypsilanti (Iggy Pop's hometown).
     And I can always do campaign notes for D&D. I want to work more on my Nordic campaign. I have this epic sorcerer lich, of white dragon heritage, who wields death and cold magic, is also a cleric of Falazure, whose followers are known as the Bleak Horde, and there are various factions therein, like the Legion of the Icy Dead, and various tribes of humans, orcs, ogres, and goblinoids. I want to make it so that a group of adventurers could begin at 1st level, dealing with low-level lackeys, and end up in epic levels, all within the same region of the campaign world.
     I'm making a late dinner here, chicken soup. I like chicken, because it's such a versatile meat. I can make chili with it, put it in soup, make it with rice in various ways, or just have it plain. Dawn just got another call from Stacy.
     I just read something about "Black Rain." It was recorded during the 'Badmotorfinger' sessions (I was a year off in my estimate), but it was reworked last year with equipment they didn't have 20 years ago.
     Dawn just called. Stacy got lost while getting gas. We're both worried, because she's driving such a long distance to get from where she lives to where Dawn lives. I have such a headache right now, but turning down the brightness of the moniter worked wonders. It's almost 4, and we're still waiting for Stacy. The headache's subsiding.
     It's 4:30, and Stacy's made it safely there. I'm going to do some homework and later, the end-of-shift paperwork.

     I wrote my column and wrote a journal entry for World Lit I, and the paperwork for my shift is done. Now it's just a waiting game with my relief staff. I'm beat-tired and I want to go to sleep ASAP. Absolutely no WoW for me today, until I get home after my second shift. But then again, Dawn and Stacy should be there, and I want to be social. I need to be held and loved-on, anyway. I think can hear my relief staff now. Yep...

     I'm home, I'm tired, and I'm going to keep my computer open and let some Youtube downloads do their thing while I sleep. Fucking drunk assholes outside are pissing me off. Every few seconds it's "Wooo!"

     I just got up a little before 2, and that rat-bastard hillbilly piece of shit's still at it. Or at it again. Doesn't matter; he's still inconsiderate. I honestly wouldn't mind if his drunk ass stumbled out into the busy street. Like Bill Hicks said: "He's an idiot! He's dead. Good! We lost a moron? Fucking celebrate. There's one less moron in the world." I have to get ready for work, and for tonight.

     I just talked to Dawn, and Stacy said hi. They're still in Michigan, but just one county on the other side of the state line. They plan on stopping for something to eat and gas. The way I see it, there's a good chance that I will be off work by the time they get here.
     I'm at work, looking over some new things that I got. Pizza's on the menu for tonight. Since I've gotten compliments on my cooking, I would like to try more exotic dishes sometime. For instance, I wish I knew how to make Chinese (lo mein and chicken), Japanese (rice noodles and teriyaki fish), and Indian (dhal and tandoori chicken, but we need place to buy nan); but I don't know how it would go over with with the residents, since many might not have the chance to expand their pallates.
     Looking over my latest shopping, I now have the entire series of "The Red Star," which is set in a "mythic Soviet Russia," as the creater, Christian Gosset, describes it. It is based on Russian folklore and military history, and reminiscent of post WW2, mixed with high technology and sorcery.
     I also ordered the discography of Tor Lundvall. One of the albums also features Tony Wakeford, of Sol Invictus. Hooray for folk noir! Speaking of which, I have been looking everywhere for more Hagalaz' Runedance; I only have three of six albums.

     It's now 6:08, and Dawn uploaded a pic to her Facebook. They've crossed the state line. I texted, and they called for directions.

     As of 8:00, they're in Morocco (not the country, they didn't stumble into a portal). That's three and a half hours from here. I did the main duties here at work, and there's just a couple hours left. Right now, I'm shopping for some CDs by Nebelhexe, another Andrea Haugen project. I should be able to pay for them on Friday. It's after 9, and they're almost in Terre Haute. That's 45 minutes to an hour. Now the countdown is driven more by excitement and less by worry at this point.
     Something weird just happened. I got a phantom taste in my mouth. Tasted like bubblegum, then went away. I haven't chewed any since I can't remember. I'm looking it up right now, but I'm not getting any information about it.
     While searching for "phantom taste" in Yahoo, I just listened to some Nebelhexe on Youtube; it's good goth rock. I'm always in the mood to listen to it all year round, but the desire is stronger this time of year. My ringtone is Tina Root of Switchblade Symphony, singing that line from the song "Witches," "Your dreams are filled with blood and gore; now they're right outside your door; they're gonna get you!" It kicks ass, because she sounds so cutesy and innocent if you just hear her voice, but the words sound horrific.
     Less than an hour to go, and Jordon's showing me his Halloween costume with cellphone pics. He's going to be a Brujah kindred. I wish I had the resources to go as the Malkavian on the clanbook cover.
     Twenty minutes left, and they're just passing Wabash Correctional. My paperwork is done, and all there is to do is wait.
     Relief staff is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment