Thursday, October 20, 2011

First blog in a while.

     A lot has happened since I blogged last. I moved into a much more comfortable, more claustrophobic-friendly apartment. I'm renting in a newly-acquired apartment building from my old landlady, and I love it. The people that moved out above me (just before I moved in) left two cats behind, and I started fostering them when I moved in. The female I named Rasputina, the male I named Trakl. But my doctor made the connection between my breathing problems (I've been having them lately) and cats around. I had two roommates a year and a half ago, and they had cats. That was the last time I went into the hospital for asthma. I've gotten rid of Rasputina, and Trakl is soon to follow.

     I'm fed up with health problems. Mental health/depression plagued me early last year, as it always does between January and March. And allergies/bronchitis is fucking with me now. In addition, I'm getting through gout.

     Another change that's happened is in my personal relationships. I lost touch with most people from high school, but thanks to Facebook, I reconnected with Dawn (alias). I started talking to her around the time that I blogged last.
     Soon after reconnecting with Dawn, my doll and I had a falling out. I hadn't heard much from her in over a month and a half. I'm not going to say what all went into it, but suffice it to say, I am glad that I am such a political junkie, because I have become a better bullshit detector that I'd otherwise might be.
     During the time soon after I lost touch with Tiffany, while I was going through a transition period from the old place to the new, Dawn and I developed a romantic relationship. She's come to visit three times now. I've fallen for her, and we've established roles. When it comes to the romantic aspects, she is my mistress, and I'm her sub; and I love it!
     Also, during the time since I blogged last, I found the word that defines what Tiffany and I have had: "flirtationship." It's considered what you have when it's closer than just a friendship, but it's not quite a relationship. Recently, I noticed that I've gotten a few Facebook app requests from her. I was thinking of ignoring them and not sending any in return, because I was upset with what had gone on, but Dawn said that she wanted me to return the requests in kind. I said "You know that what we had is referred to as a flirtationship, right? We were more than 'just buds.'" She said "I understand, but it's fine with me." Dawn said that she took that stance because she saw my '30 Day Photo Challenge,' and in my 'picture of someone you can't imagine your life without,' I made a collage which included Tiffany. So, Dawn didn't want me to completely shut her out.

     I got Dawn to try WoW again. I'm using my 14th-level Drenei mage to adventure with her. I've just been playing since, I think, May so I don't know what it's like to play all year long, but I do know there's many holidays that are in the game, which correspond with real-life events. So far, I've seen the mid-Summer Fire Festival, and I love what they've done for Hallow's End. A player can go into an inn and pull a handful of candy out of a pumpkin, and maybe get polymorphed. This afternoon, after my appointment and she gets chores done, we have a date in Stormwind.
     I'm hoping to have a gaming group together around the time of mid-winter. I now have the core rulebook for Pathfinder, and I've decided to make a big change in my D&D world. If players want to play a sorcerer, they will have to use the class feature description from Pathfinder, not D&D Player's Handbook, altough they will still use the spells as normal. The sorcerers for Pathfinder make use of a wide variety of possible bloodlines.
     I'm thinking of getting into the newest Magic: The Gathering set, Innistrad. I understand that it has a horror theme. I was thinking that, since they revisted Mirrodin with the last expansion block, they should have another one that revists Ravnica.

     In work news, I found out why I had been missing meetings. When we sign into work, we get notifications. We're all supposed to rely on this system for reporting work and getting needed notifications. The problem is that the system is unreliable. I wasn't getting all my notices, and I wasn't the only one. The good news is that I brought this to my boss' attention, and I'm off the hook for missing meetings. I mentioned the fact that whenever I do show up for a meeting is when she has mentioned it to me in passing in a conversation. So, to get around this technical difficulty, I'm just going to call my boss every Monday morning to see if there are any meetings.
     Speaking of work, I'm there right now, and I've been writing this blog off and on throughout the night. It's now time to get the day started.

No comments:

Post a Comment