Saturday, October 22, 2011

Work, school, and geek news over a day.

     I went to a meeting yesterday at work. After the meeting, I was given compliments on my work. In addition, I was given a compliment about my cooking when I work in the home in the afternoons. That boosted my confidence. The only disappointing news is that I have to work on Thanksgiving. However, I will be working a double shift on the holiday. I had plans to go to Indianapolis, but I will have to do that on Christmas, because my friends up there celebrate for two weeks. Work can schedule me on Christmas all they want. That's one of the perks of being a deist (or an atheist or agnostic, for that matter): you don't get as butthurt when you have to work on religious holidays.

     I found out the main reason why my midterm grades aren't where I'd like them to be. Well, for one thing, I didn't expect to get A's and B's, because being sick and injured has taken a toll on my attendance. But I also found that with missing school comes missing information that I should have gotten while in school, like discussion board postings and journal assignments for World Literature I. In that class, though, I got a C on my midterm paper and the test. In fact, I was told today that I am one of the few that got a passing grade on the exam. Speaking of exams, I am about to take my Communications Law exam. My day has been crammed with notes and school. I even briefly got on World of Warcraft, just to tell my guild that I would probably be out for the rest of the day. Text time. I will write more after, but I will keep this blog open.

     I believe I may have kicked ass on it. Two essay questions, and I told the teacher how it is. In the first, I defined and gave courtcase examples of, the difference between negligence and malice, when it comes to libel. In the second, when asked what would protect people when they submit their work to publishing companies, since there is no copyright law regarding ideas. I said that people should always enter a contract with that company; that way, when their ideas are stolen, they could sue over breech of contract. BAM! Win! I'm getting a headache and I'm hungry. I'm heading home for some spaghetti and a nap. I'm keeping the blog open, though.

     I'm back home relaxing while the 'sghetti's cooking. This gout flare is finally subsiding, and just in time, too. My right foot's now hurting from the strain of limping around. Trakl keeps trying to lay at my feet, too. It wouldn't be so bad, but he's a big cat, and he doesn't just gently lay down, he flops. I want to play WoW, but I know that I will lose track of time, and I don't want to be late oversleeping.

     Speaking of WoW, my main character, the night-elf assassination/subtly rogue, finally got the flightmaster's license, and can fly anywhere now. That makes me has happyface! I just remembered, I need to get poisons. Those make me so effective against multiple targets. I just fight someone until they run, then the poison finishes them off while I'm onto the next poor sap. Oh, yeah! New expansion announced! Mists of Pandaria! It's Oriental-flavored! YEY! New race - pandaren, new class - monk, new level cap - 90, and a new continent - Pandaria. I'm hungry and need to rest for work. I'm going to finish cooking, then I'm going to nap. I'm thinking of keeping this blog open for the day, maybe even at work.

     I just woke up to a coughing jag. This bronchitis shit better not be coming back. Dawn's coming down in a few days, and she's bringing a friend, and I want to be at some semblance of healthy. We're on the phone and talking smack. She says she's going to whip my ass when she gets here. I'm looking over what I can about Mists of Pandaria, and the only thing that I'm not too keen on is the revamping of talent trees. I don't know if this means that my rogue will have to be revamped or what, because I love what I can do with him right now. Also, I just learned that some giant island-turtle is involved. Tomorrow, after work, I'm going to use the Dungeon Finder, because I need to rack up some gold. Shit, I have to get going.

     I made it on time. The house is quiet; most chores are done. Nights on the weekends are often boring. On my way here, I listened to Clutch, and I am convinced that Tim Sult is a guitar virtuoso bad-ass. Speaking of music, I love the fall in an old town like Vincennes. While walking to school and walking around to take fall pictures, I've been in the mood to listen to gothic rock, like Sisters of Mercy, Switchblade Symphony, and Inkubus/Sukkubus. Despite the fact that my appreciation of music transcends language barriers, borders, and time, deep down I have an abiding love for the gothic asthetic; I guess I'm a goth at heart, even if I don't look the part. I'd like to one day try to walk around older cities in the fall, like Salem, Mass. or Providence, R.I., where H.P. Lovecraft was buried.
     I'm talking to Dawn right now. I miss her and she misses me. We're also looking forward to seeing our friend, Stacy (alias). I've seen Stacy's pics, and I think she's adorable. That's the beauty of to bi-sexuals dating; they both check out people of both sexes. Come Sunday night, I might have TWO snuggle-partners! YEY!
     I just got off the phone with Dawn, and I'm going to do some notes for my World Literature I class. We have to write a little bit about everything we're reading. We've been reading a bit about the Bible; and when it comes to religion, I like to look at it through a rational deist's perspective, so that's how I will write. I got compliments from my professor about the subject matter of my midterm paper, although it wasn't cited well. I compared and contrasted the flood in the Epic of Gilgamesh with that in Genesis. But, in addition, I also offered an explanation as to why so many cultures worldwide have flood stories. Some of which are from island cultures, like the Maori; but none of the landlocked cultures who have flood stories lived in the southern hemisphere. I came to the conclusion that, during the last Ice Age, the first tribes settled in the areas from where the water receded when it froze. When the Ice Age thawed, those lands would have flooded.
     Before I do the writing for Dante, I'm going to start playing some "Dante's Inferno." I've talked a little bit with my professor about how, as a gamer, I can relate to much of the mythical and legendary works we're reading, since they have inspired the games I play; I will write much from a gamer's perspective, too. I'll blog more after I write a little bit.

     I did an assignment and a few chores. Now there's nothing to do but blog and listen to reruns on the TV. I'm happy to say that I had little to no limping. I still have that cramp in my right foot. I'm getting geared up for Dawn and Stacy's visit. I'm thinking of doing another day-long blog leading up to them getting here. I guess I'm making up for lost time not blogging. As a budding jounalist/writer who wants to enjoy life more, I need to blog. Stacy should be in Michigan by this evening, and they're leaving for Indiana at 12 or so tomorrow. I have to do some paperwork now. And I'm going to wrap up this blog, since I will be sleeping as soon as I get home. No WoW until I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment