This is going to be my first blog entry since getting a Tumblr account (it was suggested by this classmate in the Journalism Lab, who uses it to post her creative photography, which is good). I will be simul-blogging on Blogger and Tumblr, unless I'm posting a pic.
It's almost the end of the semester, and I'm also getting in extra time at work. It's to the point where the only time I have to study is when I get the chores done at work, and I have a couple of hours of downtime. I was recently informed that another department has seven full-time workers and they still are getting around 60 hours a week. At least I can have a decent paycheck. Four more checks, and my wages will no longer be garnished.
Things are O.K. at work, but people down at my level are noticing a few problems. One, management doesn't make sure there's clear communication among the managed. Two, most upper management hasn't done our job, so they make rules which reflect their out-of-touch view of what we should do.
I think I did well on my paper. I talked about both sides of the Crusades, as well as the motivations of the holy wars. I don't think that anyone is squeaky clean on either sides of a holy war. That includes the present day. I even stated that if this land were settled by Muslims, they would have become the superpower, and left European Christians behind. In this alternate reality, those Christians would have felt oppressed, and would have been today's fundamentalist terrorists.
I need to make some time so I can get the things done that I need to for the end of the semester. Ever since this semester started, unless I'm too sick or injured to do anything, I've been hitting the ground running every day. I actually miss the days when I had two 12-hour shifts on the weekends, and two 8-hour shifts during the weekdays.
People have recommended that, since I want to write non-fiction, I should also get a degree in what I want to write about also. In my case, it would most likely be political science. If I go into doing that, I would want to do self-paced/distance ed classes.
My WoW account's been compromised. I've downloaded anti-mal/spyware and I'm currently running it. I'm tired of assholes fucking with good things. Dawn and I are level 37 and 36, respectively. I'm excited about getting to 42, because then I will be able to teleport my entire party to different cities.
Some friends and I are thinking of doing our weekly D&D game after the semester's end. A friend of mine from across the border wants to play in a Vampire game. I want to make sure I have all the combat/interaction rules understood before I run one of those.
Healthwise, I think we found out why I've been getting headaches. I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I think my sugar's crashed tonight. I feel overheated. I just can't wait to get home because I'm exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment